We here at B.@.D Live Reloaded would like to wish B-Rush the best of luck in his future endeavors.
Yeah. That's right. That's what happens when the talent fucks with management.
You hear me? PUT THE PURPLE DOWN, you hooker. Color's for PEOPLE WHO AGREE WITH me only. You think I'm fuckin' with you?
I am not fuckin' with you.
I'm here from downtown. I'm here from Mitch and Murray. And I'm here on a mission of mercy.
Your name's B-Rush?
You call yourself a writer, you son of a bitch?
The good news is you're fired. The bad news is you got just one week to regain your job, starting now.
Oh, have I got your attention now? Good. You get the picture? You laughing now? What's my name? FUCK YOU, that's my name.
You know why, mister? 'Cause you drove a Hyundai to get here tonight, I drove an $80,000 BMW. THAT'S my name. And your name is you're wanting. You can't play in the man's game, you want to disagree? Then go home and tell your wife your troubles. Because only one thing counts in this life. AGREE WITH ME WHEN YOU WRITE ON MY SITE.
YOU HEAR ME YOU FUCKIN' FAGGOT?!?!?!
What's the problem, pal? You see this watch? You see this watch? That watch costs more than your car. I made $970,000 last year, how much you make? You see pal, THAT'S who I am, and you're nothing.
Nice guy? I don't give a shit. Good father? FUCK YOU, go home and play with your kids.
You want to work here, AGREE WITH ME WHEN YOU WRITE ON MY SITE. You think this is abuse? YOU THINK THIS IS ABUSE, YOU COCKSUCKER?!?!?! You can't take this, how can you take the abuse you get on a comment??? If you don't like it, leave. I can go out there tonight, the materials you got, make myself $15,000. Tonight. In two hours. Can you? Can you?
Get mad you son-of-a-bitch. GET MAD!!! You know what it takes to write for me? It takes BRASS BALLS to write for this site. You could have gone and done likewise, B-Rush. But now you're gonna be shining my shoes. And you know what you'll be saying? You'll be sitting with Katastrophe in a bar: ''Oh yeah, I used to write for B.@.D. It's a tough racket.'
Ah, I'm kidding. I love B-Rush! I just always wanted to put the Glengary Glen Ross speech on here somehow and figured that this was as good an opening as I was ever going to get. And I like screwing with everyone. I even mutilated his picture for effect - that, you little germs, is your lesson #1 in comedic writing: commitment to the joke.
I enjoyed B-Rush's post, and I'm glad that the topic I introduced sparked more debate and I'm stoked that it seems everyone found my "If You Are Afraid Of Marriage, Do Not Marry." article interesting in one form or another. Some people agree, and some people disagree, which is fine. I like articles like that. I like being able to put my actual thoughts down and see what people think. Whether you agree with me or not, thanks for reading it. Lots of traffic on that one.
To clarify my point to the insubordiant B-Rush who dared to write his views when they clearly contradicted with mine - which we will be discussing at his next salary review - I would say that I agree with his point about why they would feel the need to get married. I'm not sure why they WOULD feel the need to get married IF they didn't WANT to, BUT - I don't neccesarily think that just because they choose to pursue sexual relationships with other people, that it means they aren't committed to each other. One could argue, it's just sex, and for a lot of people, it's not synonymous with love.
Of course, I have a girlfriend now, so I need to mention that I'm not one of those people - I would never have an open relationship, and that's the truth (girlfriend or not.) But that doesn't mean I don't understand the viewpoint.
I agree with him on divorce - much better to divorce than be in an unhappy marriage. AND you bring up an extremely interesting point that I hadn't thought of - maybe the divorce rate being at an all-time high is just people realizing that they don't want to be in unhappy marriages, which I would say is a good thing. But does that mean that marriage was ever really THAT great an idea to begin with? I don't know. All I know is, if the divorce rates are as high as they are, then spending that much to get married, ESPECIALLY to get married AND divorced, seems like an awful waste.
I also quite enjoyed Mizzle's third entry, and look forward to his post about single people, especially since I was single less than 2 weeks ago. And if you haven't read Dylf's concise bit of visual and literal mastery from this week, you really need to go check it out.
Make sure to really drink it in.
Go ahead. I'll wait.
Anyway, Mizzle's post was about flying was also well-timed, as it's actually ME flying out to Punta Cana tomorrow for my first vacation outside the country in over 3 years (unless you count that little excursion to Detroit while me and the boys we're in Windsor - which I don't - and if you've ever been to Detroit you know why), so you won't be hearing from me for about a week.
For anyone who can't go that long (and I understand, believe me) then be sure to check the Weather Network for where I'm going. That way you'll know whether I'm sipping a Mojito by the pool or fighting to be the alpha male in the slums after a hurricane rips through my resort, leaving nothing but wreckage and horror.
(Credit to Mizzle for that gem of a vacation line - he said something along those lines when we we're in school and he was about to take off to Mexico and it always stuck with me.)
To keep you busy in the meantime, I would like to share with everyone a special little playlist of mine. As Mizzle mentioned, I have been heavy into the trance scene for a couple years now. It's not what you think - and I won't go into the misconceptions that are out there. It can be soft, it can be hard, it can be melodic, it can have vocals or be instrumental, there's just no limit to the amount of good trance, in all shapes and forms, that is out there.
So I recently compiled a playlist of my first 100 favorite trance hits, and am in the progress of mixing them together. Actually, I have already selected most of the tracks for my second favorite 100 trance hits, but since that's not completed, here's the first one. Second one to come upon completion.
If you're even a little bit curious, check out even just one of these tracks and I bet it will make an impression.
Part I: Chill
001) Mike Foyle- Shipwrecked (John O'Callaghan .vs. Mike Foyle Club Mix)
002) Sunlounger- White Sand (Dance Mix)
003) Roger Shah- Who Will Find Me
004) Sultan & Ned- Together We Rise
005) Benya- Serendipity
006) Armin Van Buuren & Roger Shah- Going Wrong
007) Armin Van Buuren- Face To Face
008) Armin Van Buuren- Fine Without You
009) Armin Van Buuren- Hold On To Me
010) Armin Van Buuren- Burned With Desire
011) Armin Van Buuren- The Sound Of Goodbye
012) Marscruiser- Not Alone Tonight
013) Monogato- Miami Vibe
014) Blake Jarell- Punta Del Este (Beach Mix)
015) Orjan Nilsen- Be As One (La Guittarra Vocal Mix)
016) Mike Foyle- Pandora
017) Glenn Morrison- No Sudden Moves
018) Roger Shah- Don't Wake Me Up
019) Roger Shah- Body Lotion
020) Roger Shah- Back To You (Original Mix)
021) Coastline- Alone With You (Bissen Mix)
022) Taxigirl- High Glow
023) Reeves- Lonely
024) Imogen Heap- Hide & Seek (Tiesto's In Search Of Sunrise Remix)
025) Andy Duguid- Wasted
026) Kamui- Get Lifted
027) Tiesto- Driving To Heaven (Mat Zo Remix)
028) Solarstone- Like A Waterfall
029) Tiesto- UR (Junkie XL Air Guitar Remix)
030) Tenishia- Everything (Tim Grube Dub Mix)
031) Rex Mundi- Nothing At All
032) Markus Schulz- Without You Near (Coldharbour Mix)
033) Paul Van Dyk- La Dolce Vita
034) Paul Van Dyk- Let Go
035) John O'Callaghan- Find Yourself
036) Way Out West- Everyday
037) Solarstone- Breakaway
038) Myon & Shane 54- Not A Lot Left
039) Ronski Speed- Bluescreen
040) Tritonal- Daybreak
Part II: Club
041) Armin Van Buuren- Imagine
042) Sunlounger- Another Day On The Terrace (UR 2008 Mix)
043) Mungo- Summer Blush
044) Sunlounger- Lost
045) Synergy- Hello Strings
046) Filo & Peri- Anthem
047) Sean Tyas- One More Night Out
048) Armin Van Buuren- Unforgivable (Stoneface & Terminal Vocal Mix)
049) Armin Van Buuren- Empty State
050) Armin Van Buuren- Rush Hour
051) Tiesto- Traffic
052) Tiesto- Forever Today
053) Tiesto- Adagio For Strings
054) Aria- Dido
055) Delerium- Silence
056) Way Out West- Mindcircus (Gabriel & Dresden Mix)
057) Dobenbeck- Please Don't Go (Extended Mix)
058) Chicane- Stoned In Love
059) Vision- Entry To Heaven (Benya Remix)
060) Markus Schulz- Perfect
061) Paul Oakenfold- Switch On
062) Paul Oakenfold- Set It Off
063) Eric Prydz- Call On me (Eric Prydz .vs. Retarded Funk Mix)
064) Goldfrapp- Strict Machine (We Are Glitter Goldfrapp Remix)
065) Arnej- The Ones That Get Away
066) Sean Tyas .vs. Simon Patterson- Somethin's Up
067) Redstar- I Am Legend
068) Sophie Sugar- Redemption
069) Sean Tyas- Melbourne
070) Andy Blueman- Everlasting
Part III: Lounge
071) Mike Foyle- Shipwrecked (Ambient Mix)
072) Sunlounger- Another Day On The Terrace (Album Mix)
073) Sunlounger- White Sand (Album Mix)
074) Sunlounger- Lumumba (Album Mix)
075) Sunlougner- Sunny Tales (Chill Version)
076) Sunlounger- Lost (Chill Version)
077) Sunlounger- Your Name (Chill Version)
078) Roger Shah- Who Will Find Me
079) Roger Shah- Back To You
080) Roger Shah- Feel (Roger Shah's Ambient Soul Remix)
081) Pedro Del Mar- A New Beginning (DJ Cosmo & Pedro Del Mar Mix)
082) Tiesto- Close To You
083) Armin Van Buuren- Burned With Desire
084) Jan Vayne- Fruits & Passion (Armin Van Buuren's Downtempo Mix)
085) Kirsty Hawksaw- Reason To Forgive (Piano Mix)
086) Gallard Clement- Electro Team
087) Ohmna- The Sun'll Shine (Bali Ambient Mix)
088) Markus Schulz- On A Wave
089) Markus Schulz- Is This The End
090) Paul Oakenfold- The Way I Feel
091) OceanLab- Miracle
092) Way Out West- Mindcircus (Jay's Sleepwalker Remix)
093) Way Out West- Earth
094) BT- Satellite
095) BT- See You On The Other Side
096) BT- Good Morning Kaia
097) Massive Attack- Teardrop
098) Freur- Doot Doot
099) Sigur Ros- The Nothing Song (Njosnavelin)
100) Type O Negative- Haunted (Part 2)
If you're open enough to take a chance on something new, then enjoy!
Check it - I know there's no way Dylf surfed through the trance to get to this part of the article. So now I can safely say it - his picture made me turgid. That's right. It gave me a broner.
... annnnnd that seems like as good a time as any to hit the old dustry trail.
Have a good week!