Ask B.@.D: The Return

Two months into the new site! I'm having a good time so far - and glad to see that everyone enjoys the new layout.

Last time I had a site for the masses, I did a column every once in a while called "Ask B.@.D", where I answered questions from the comment board. I'm bringing it back today, but no guarantees on doing this on a regular schedule, as it will depend on how many questions are posted.


Anonymous said...
Why does Katastrophe the only one to not return to your site? Did you guys have a falling out?

I said...
Pidgin english of your diatribe aside, there have been a few questions like this, and I really don't see why. I called it out in the very first post of the new site. Katastrophe simply decided she didn't want to write again.

I will repeat that.

Katastrophe simply decided she didn't want to write again.

Period. No fight. No falling out. No ulterior motive. We're still friends. I talked to her a couple weeks ago actually. She's doing good, her baby is now a couple years old. Point is, she just didn't want to write again. Can it NOT be just that simple? I hate the resistance to this concept.

People continually asked the same thing on the old site when she wasn't writing as much and I refused to police her (or anyone) for it. They assumed we MUST have had a fight, because yeah, who WOULDN'T want to write for free when they obviously didn't feel like it? I sure as shit wouldn't do it if I didn't feel like it.

And that's the thing. Katastrophe had 3, MAYBE 4 posts in total on the old site. She occasionally threw up the odd comment, but that was, like, it. And the writing itself was piss-poor, and that's not MY assessment, because I found her entertaining. That was her own assessment. OK, her tweener-webspeak was a bit much, but otherwise I liked it.

If only there was some way that I could, for once and for all, say, on record, in a politically correct, posative, and professional way, that there really are no hard feeilngs towards her for not coming back...

On behalf of B.@.D and all the staff here at B.@.D Live Reloaded, P.c.P would like to wish Katastrophe the best of luck in her future endeavors.

Fuck me!!! P.c.P!!! You're back!!!

You know it, girlfriend.

Welcome to the new site! How've you been?

P.c.P has experienced all the best in his recent endeavors.

For those who don't know, P.c.P is Politically-Correct-Pinkbot (TM). He helps me keep a politically correct, posative, professional spin on things. (You can tell because he uses that professional Courier font.)

P.c.P would also like to remind all the wonderful readers of B.@.D Live Reloaded that in addition to keeping things politically correct, professional, and posative, and his super spiffy Courier font, he also helped B.@.D save the world in the B.@.Dsaga!

You know what? You know what? This gives me an idea. If you guys are THAT intent on it, I'm going to just bring Katastrophe back for this post too and let you relive the "greatness" that was Katastrophe's writing, and see if that makes that talk about her being gone taper off.

WOOOOT!!!!!1111 HEY A'HM BACK!!!

(Red was her old color - putting it on her background to differentiate her from Dylf. It'd be tough otherwise because their grammar and sentance structure is so similar.)

Nice to see you Katastrophe. How have you...

ROTFLMMFAO JKing. I H8 THIS.

See? It took about as long as it did last time.

Now, speaking of the B.@.Dsaga...



Anonymous said...
GP - and what is the BADsaga that everyone keeps askin bout

I said...
The B.@.Dsaga that everyone's "askin' bout" is a series of stories that I wrote with myself, the original B.@.Dcrew and some other characters. I sort of started it out as a humorous rebellion story against the evil Wal-Mart corporation and people seemed to like it and it completely took on a life of it's own.

I actually had a lot of fun writing those, and I personally consider it a highlight of the old site. But I'm not going to become one of those guys who whore out their own writing...

On behalf of all of us here at B.@.D Live Reloaded, P.c.P would like to reccomend that anyone interested in the B.@.Dsaga go to http://www.badlivejournal.blogspot.com/ (our old website) and scroll through the B.@.Dsaga column on the right-hand side. Make sure you go in order from top to bottom.

I also saw a question about bringing it back for a sequel now that we're on a new site. For the record, it's a distinct possibility, and VERY tempting. It got such a good response last time and I'd love to try to do it again, but truth be told, unless I can come up with a story as good as last time, I'm not going to attmept it. But you never know what...

Seriously? Just say no.

All right, the answer, for now, is no. Stay tuned...



Anonymous said...
bad, do you still watch wrestling? i know you did when you wrote the old site. if so, do you have an opinion of tna going after wwe

I said...
Good question.

Yes.

Yes, I do have an opinion on that.

Thanks for writing!

On behalf of all of us here at B.@.D Live Reloaded, we wish you the best of luck in more accurately phrasing your questions.

Ha ha ha ha ha, just kidding. Yeah, I've been watching both - and I do have quite a bit to say on the subject, but I've been debating putting something up about it. I had a lot of wrestling stuff on the last site. Don't know if I'll be doing that this time. Short answer: I think it's cool that there's competition out there as it can only improve things, but there's a lot of problems with both products right now.


Anonymous said...
Love the new layout - I've never seen the value in commenting but I have a question. I enjoy house music and have, based on your recommendations and those of friends, ventured over to trance a fair bit. I have noticed that in the last few albums you have promoted, reccomended, whatever... that a lot of the songs are "edits". At first I thought that meant remixes, but I've come to realize that it's actually SNIPETS of songs but not actually the full versions. This is definately visible on Armada albums but is certainly not specific to them, that's just where I found it the most. The two Miami albums and the last Dash album are good examples. My question is, I think that this is just greed on the part of the artist or label. But I know it could be something else too.

I said...
Greed? Maybe. I've heard the opinion before. Would I like it if every song I got from compilation albums we're the full versions? Of course. But in defense of edits, I want to point out a couple things.

1) You will only find edits on compilation albums. For those unaware, compilation albums are done by a company or specific DJ, but the songs will not be OF the artist in question. Dash Berlin's compilation "United Destination 2010", which you stated was one of my recommendations, is a good example. That compilation was mixed and compiled by Dash Berlin, but only 2 of the 30 songs on there are actually FROM him. The rest are songs that he likes, from unknowns or from people who likely wouldn't have the exposure otherwise.

Dash himself had his first exposure on Armin Van Buuren's "Universal Religion 2008" compilation. People liked his song on there, got into him, checked out his other stuff, and he became big. This would not have happened if he we're not on that or a likewise compilation. And trust me - it worked well for him. Guy is living in such a house now that he wouldn't spit on his old house if it we're on fire. This is how DJ's gain prominence. It's how the DJ's promote each other's work and how people find new artists they like. Conversely, Dash Berlin's ARTIST album (where all the songs are done by him) we're all the full versions of the songs.

When I first started getting into trance, the first compilation I heard was A State Of Trance from Armin Van Buuren and it had a couple tracks on it that I loved - one from Sunlounger and one from Roger Shah. I liked their songs so checked into them, found out that they we're the same person, now I have all his stuff and it's among the best I've heard.

2) Many times edits are released because the artist doing the compilation really wants to use the song but the full version isn't ready yet. Example: I suggested Markus Schulz' "Las Vegas '10" compilation which had Arnej's "They Need Us" track on it. Markus wanted to include it. Arnej wanted the exposure for his track. But the entire song wasn't ready. So they released an edit.

3) Compilation albums are generally anywhere from 20-40 tracks and run from around $9.99 - $15.99. All things considered, and edits aside, I think that's a pretty damn good price. AND they usually throw in the full continuous DJ mixes, which have all the tracks mixed together in what is usually a really kickass set.

4) The edits are not inferior versions of the song and always include the best parts of the song, just not as long a lead-in or lead-out. For that reason, a lot of people actually PREFER the edits. I'm not one of those people, I think that if the song is good, the longer the better, and it just increases my enjoyment of the song if it takes a little longer to build up and build down. But people who do not have the patience or for whatever reason just want to hear the song in 4 minutes instead of a 6 minutes tend to prefer it that way.

As a sidenote, full versions are essential any performing DJ because they have more beats to mix a given song into a set with. Take a listen to a full version sometime, the beat transitions at least 1 or 2 times in the lead-in and lead-out, to allow the DJ to sync it up to a beat from the previous song or to the next song.

Again - not trying to argue. Could it be the desire for the filthy lucre by whoever's putting it out? Absolutely. But I think my points have some merit. Like I said, I pretty much exlusively enjoy full versions over edits. I'm just saying I understand the logic behind it.

Now do you see a value in commenting? Look at all that info I've given you.

OMfG WTF, TRANCE IS THE GAYEZ.

Dammit! Katastrophe, you said you we're leaving... P.c.P, help me put a spin on this.

P.c.P would like to state on record that none of the talent here at B.@.D Live Reloaded would ever stereotype fans of the electronic music genre.

Thanks buddy.

Except for Dylf. But really, fuck that guy.

Yeah. Fuck that guy.

LOL DUD3



That's it for today! Say bye, big guy!

Bye, big guy!

Ha ha ha, oh man. This guy's got a million of 'em.

B.@.D



Song For Today:
"Playing With Ivory"
- Glenn Morrison




Album For Today:
"The Morning After"
- Stonebridge

20 comments:

Mizzle said...

B.@.D can you maybe go into some depth with the question about the music... I felt like you only scratched the surface with your 16 paragraphs...

Anonymous said...

hahaha GP - PCP Is back!!!!

Anonymous said...

never heard of PCP but liked it... im guessing its just BAD hahaha

Anonymous said...

Least I didn't go into a wrestling spiel as well! Be glad for that.

Anonymous said...

LOL that actually sounds a lot like Katastrophe's actual writing... is PCP back for good???

Anonymous said...

lol now we KNOW bad and kat had a falling out... that was pretty harsh
KIDDING

Anonymous said...

hahahaha GP - i liked the webspeak

Anonymous said...

PCP was always your best gimmick

Anonymous said...

i love ASK bad! i like the humiliations hahaha

Anonymous said...

GP! hey Blair you said you'd be putting a Martha Stewart post up.....

Anonymous said...

gp!

Anonymous said...

i have another question: i've heard the other posters mention canadian locations on the blog how does ozi fit in with the others?

Anonymous said...

if you like Glenn Morrison's Ivory song, you should check out Mike Foyle.

Anonymous said...

GP!!! i loev PCP hahahaha

just dont overuse him.

Anonymous said...

i wonderi f this means we'll get GGB back...

Anonymous said...

god i hope not.

and im guessing BAD has "poled" every girl whos ever written on his site. that guy lays more pipe than a plumber.

Anonymous said...

GP

Anonymous said...

AHAHAHAHA look at the "epilogue" to the ASK BAD above this... cant even put comments on it... haha they def boned

Anonymous said...

hahaha lvoe the addendum. guess tahts personal info

Mary and Craig said...

I would comment but having people speculate is much more entertaining... that's another story for another day kiddies...