Hi All - well long time no words from me. We had a great vacation in the sun and now it's back to mundane winter weather for another couple of months.
So yesterday was my first wedding anniversary. I like to do things by the book the old traditional way, so in the weeks leading up to the date i googled suggestions on how to celebrate. Here's the list i found, so let's check off against it and see how we went:
1. Exchange gifts with your spouse - Well 1st anniversary gift theme is paper - he got me a book, i got him some Euros (for a trip we're hoping to take) and we each got football tickets for this weekend s0 yep, check, we're all good there.
2. Have your cake and eat it too - We have had the top tier of our wedding cake taking up an annoyingly large sized space in our freezer for the past year. On Friday i took that baby out and we now have a large space in our fridge taken up, i'm thinking i need to bring it into work and share it around.
3. Share your first dance all over again - I would just get a straight out no if i suggested that one.
4. Go through your wedding photos - Again, i've been doing this solo - not sure whether husband has even looked through ALL our wedding photos ever?
5. Have dinner at your reception site - We got married in a town that is 3 hours away from where we live, being a Sunday and all that was nixed. Husband cooked me dinner though, so win?
6. Take a second honeymoon - Mmmm i wish! We came to the US for our honeymoon last year and if i could take that trip again i would in a heartbeat - unfortunately funds are slightly down possibly still an after-shock from this exact event a year ago.
7. Throw a party for your closest family and friends - Meh i would have but i hate cleaning up after parties.
8. Toast one another - Yes, managed to scoot this one in before dinner.
9. Renew your vows - Isn't it a little early on for that?!
10. Relive the wedding night with great sex - Actually, we didn't have sex on the wedding night - haha i'm not kidding... I was sick and utterly exhausted when i fell into bed that night, and luckily since husband had had quite a few drinks i think he was beyond putting up too much of a fight with me. Next morning is another story... ;)
Anyway i think we fared ok, hopefully we will have many many more anniversaries to get things right anyway :)