And so it begins...

Hello everyone, and welcome back!
I hope everyone had a good summer. Overall my summer was pretty good; not great, but good. The weather kinda sucked and I kept waiting for summer to get here but it never really felt like it did. I am a trooper though, so I made the most of it.

I went camping a couple times. The best camping trip was the one you have to raft to. Halfway down the river, there is an island you can camp on. We were literally the only ones there. It rained the whole time, but it was great. We found an army box in the forest, and when we opened it, it had everything in it from fishing line and a glow stick to an Ice Age DVD. We were suppose to take if we needed something, but trade it for another item. We took the glow stick (the boy one wanted it). We left a beer. We wrote in the notebook about our stay there, too. Someone left a memory card so people could look at and take a picture. Pretty cool. I also spent a weekend in the lovely Crowsnest Pass, one of my favorite places on Earth.

I would say the highlight of my summer was my brother's wedding. We all went away for a week to the beautiful island of St. Lucia (it's an island in the Caribbean if you are wondering). Out of all the places I have been (which does not really include much: Canada, US, Mexico, Cuba, St. Lucia) I would have to say it was probably the most beautiful. The whole island is literally a jungle. I have never seen so much green, so many beautiful tropical flowers and plants, and there was fruit growing wild everywhere! The culture was interesting and the people were wonderful. There were weird bugs, and reptiles, and fish, and animals. Snorkeling was awesome- everytime I thought I had seen everything there was to see I would lay my eyes on yet another strange fish that I did not know existed. I went on a "real" pirate boat that was used in the Pirates of the Caribbean movie, and I visited a collapsed, but active volcano, too. I wanted to swim naked in the Ocean every night, but after the first night (in a bathing suit =)) someone was stung by a jellyfish, so I was not allowed to night swim after that. Actually I was "not allowed" to do a lot of things. Apparently its dangerous to be a woman, even if you are intelligent, have years of martial arts under your belt, and are careful. That was the only downside about it. I was excited for a week of independence (my significant other and the boy were not coming), and instead the men in my group got upset if I so much as went to the bathroom by myself after dark. Geez! Anyways, St. Lucia- it's a great place to fall in love. Wait, that already happened with.... Jake and Vienna, and Jake and that other girl.....
It was a good place for a wedding and honey moon though.

So since this summer is pretty much done, I naturally need to start planning for next summer. I am wondering what people did this summer, and what the highlights of their summer was. If you went somewhere really cool, tell me about it!

Well I am excited for the new season, and I am excited about some new writers too!
Alright, back to work.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

i went to the Mayan - its the best place down south

Anonymous said...

GP Jader! welcome back!

Anonymous said...

canadians vacation in mexico? i thought theyd vacation in the states

Anonymous said...

then surely you dont know what you're talking about

GP Jaderberri!

Anonymous said...

posts in the middle of the day now? since when?!

GP jaderberri and BAD

Mary and Craig said...

GP Jader :)

Anonymous said...

gp jade!

Anonymous said...

i went to sicamous! thats still my favorite :) sorry i know im probably just the minority

Anonymous said...

I think I love you

Anonymous said...

I did Cuuuuuubbbbaaaa

Gp jader!!!

Anonymous said...

gp and welcome back!

Anonymous said...

is there ever really a summer up in canada? like above 10 cel?

Anonymous said...

normally there is. Alberta sucked for summer this year tho.

Anonymous said...

gp jader! no vacay for me :(

stp

Jaderberri said...

Thanks everyone! I like the Mayan and Sicamous ideas!
Anon said "canadians vacation in mexico? i thought theyd vacation in the states"
I don't really have much desire at all to vacation in the states when there are so many interesting and beautiful places on this earth. Canadians vacation all over the world.

Anon said "is there ever really a summer up in canada? like above 10 cel?"
We can have days in the summer that are upwards of 30 deg cel. Even though it was not a great summer, I would still say it was warmer than 10 degrees almost all the time.
Anon said "I think I love you"
That makes me smile a little inside