Weekend Merriment

So i took a week off - not completely planned, but better than boring you with a post about nothing. Oh wait, that is exactly what this post just now will be about...


I saw this quote on Facebook the other day and i really liked it:


'Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless.'
- Bill Watterson


There was lot's of point to my weekend just gone, like attending a football game and having friends visit from out of town, but there was a lot of pointless there too, just to balance things out. I love cheesy reality TV. I can't get enough. I spent the weekend watching episodes of Jersey Shore, The City, Jon and Kate and Teen Mom. To me, there is not much better than spending a cold Sunday afternoon sprwaled on the bed watching crappy TV. This activity works even better if you have a hangover or are not feeling up to experiencing sunlight. I even asked B@D for some advice on downloading Celebrity Apprentice, but i was quickly shutdown.


I rounded out the weekend with a harsh reality check (more pointedness to the weekend) from my husband on my spending habits. We have recently sold our house, and bought a block of land to build on. While this is happening we will need to return to renting for a short time. I am a very spontaneous person, and i don't like missing out. If someone is having dinner out, going to a movie, buying tickets to a concert or attending a football game and an invitation is extended, i do everything i can to convince husband that we must attend. He is the good angel that would sit on the shoulder in our relationship, i am the red devil. I understand what we have to do to be able to build the house we want, yet i can't help pulling out my card much more often than i really should. He is winning the battle at this stage because with newly jointed bank accounts my conscience plays a much bigger role than ever before.

I think that is going to be all for me today, now i'm back at work for another week to come. I hope everyone has a fantastic week... BTW i cannot believe it's May already!!

Ozi

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reality TV is gives me a herpes outbreak.

Anonymous said...

gp!!!!

Anonymous said...

weekends are supposed to be for relaxing - too many people get too ambitious with housework, stuff like that, rather than relaxing or going out and having fun.

Dylf said...

.....yeah, it's the reality tv that does that B.@.D......sure...

Anonymous said...

lol you guys
GP Ozi

Anonymous said...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

To simulate the same amount of damage to your brain that these reality shows do, you'd have to headbutt a semitruck coming directly at you at Mach 4.

Dylf said...

come on....the drag co-efficient of a semi-truck would be at least 0.82....Mach 4 would be improbably but if it was possible the corresponding amount of heat produced by skin friction on the grill of the truck would vapourize you instantly as soon as you made contact with the truck

.....brain damage???....idiot....

hope your google isn't down, you'll need to look it up.....

Anonymous said...

You're right. Mach 4 would be "improbably". Ape.

Anonymous said...

hahahaha there they go again!

Anonymous said...

oh lord
LOL gp Ozi

Anonymous said...

gp OZI ! and i agree wiht a comment - a weekend should be 1/3 having fun, 1/3 relaxing, and 1/3 taking care of stuff you cant during the week.

Mary and Craig said...

Well reality tv is my guilty little secret and as long as it doesn't leak out at work then i don't care... ;)

Anonymous said...

i dont midn reality TV - not much other good TV on these days if oyu wnat my opinion, except the office, and even thats structured like a reality show even though its not one.

Anonymous said...

gp ozi - people who dont enjoy their weekends, i wonder when they enjoy their lives.

Anonymous said...

gp!